RTTA, which stands for Rwanda Tours and Travel Association, was founded in the year 2000 by a small group of Rwandan Tours & Travel operators concerned about the quality of tourism services in the country. These founding members recognized the need to create awareness of Rwanda as a competent tourism destination as well as represent the interests of the national tours and travel industry.
RTTA Members are the industry leaders in the tours and travel trade and represent a wide spectrum of travel and vacation packages available in Rwanda.
To uphold ethical business practices among our members while ensuring sustainable development of the tourism industry in Rwanda.
To preserve and protect our heritage and environment through integrated tourism development in Rwanda.
- To develop mechanisms for unification and loyalty of tour operators and travel agent’s interests in dynamic and effective way
- To put in place amicable conflicts settlement and arbitration as well as assistance to the development of good and coherent business atmosphere
- To ensure the representation of the tour operators and travel agents in the partnership between private, public sectors as well as Non Governmental Organisations
- Improvement of member business knowledge and understanding and subsequent professional performance
- To establish rules and regulations and recommend guidelines for new members in Rwanda’s tourism and travel industry
- Maintain Rwanda’s good reputation as a tourist destination by making sure that tour operators and travel agents maintain high and professional ethics and standards and give value of services rendered to visitors